8.23.2013

Be A Better Photographer: Signature Pose



Today I am going to talk about having a "signature pose". I'm not talking about the same stiff smile in front of every landmark you come across. I'm talking about an interesting position you can translate into your sets of photos that you can make a theme out of. Maybe it's the same silly face you pull, an embrace with your significant other, or the reflection in your boyfriends sunglasses that he always wears (that one might be one of ours ...)Whatever it may be, a signature pose can add continuity to your photos. It may seem a little insignificant at first but once you've built up a collection it can make for a really great themed album.

Whenever David and I travel anywhere we always take our signature "looking out" pose, among others. Our holding hands, back to the camera, looking into the future pose. I'm starting to build up enough of a collection where I can gather all the places we have looked out upon into one tidy display. I haven't decided what that display will be yet though. I may make a photo collage for our wall, slice them all together for one poster sized photo or finally have an excuse to get into that whole Project Life thing that well... life has been getting in the way of!

Hope you enjoy our little collection we have started. And send me a link with your collections!











1 comment:

  1. such a great idea! Love your blog. I am moving to Alberta next month so I am off to scour your archives for fun stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...