12.08.2013

Somewhere along the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland


There are different types of cold: wet and dry. Personally, I have mostly experienced dry cold. It can be -40 (like this week) and I am pretty comfortable in it. A few extra layers are required but once you get in the house you warm up pretty quick and go about your business. These photos are from last fall around this time along the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland. It seemed pretty nice. No snow (which is always a winning point for me in December) but the kind of wet cold that a prairie girl just can't get used to. By all accounts it's not even cold! Above 0 in Alberta is shorts weather but I was left shivering for hours after a sunny walk to the cabin. Wet cold seems to get right into the bones. No amount of blankets or layers can warm you back up. 

In the opposite fashion this wet cold doesn't seem to phase David at all. Meanwhile the slightest dip below zero in the dry cold and he's shivering so hard he pulls muscles (seriously).  







4 comments:

  1. I'm just not used to the cold, I used to be the person who wore jackets and long pants when it rained during the summer! Maybe it depends on my condition, but you know what I mean :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful! love the sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't imagine being in that level of cold. we're lucky to get a 21 degree here. in average we always have 25-30. but since i live in bali, most of the time it's like 27 to 29. hha.

    Gosh, this is soooo beautiful. canada is one of my top 3 countries to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy to see so much green in a place that's so cold! We had some similar weather in Wisconsin - leaves still on trees with a layer of snow on top of them. I think I prefer dry cold. I agree it doesn't feel as cold as wet cold. It's the reverse of humid summers. Dry heat is a million times better than humid heat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...