1.02.2014

Bird Feeding


At the risk of beating the long dead "it's snowy and cold here" horse, I have some more snowy, cold photos! We went out to my moms to re-fill the bird feeders and visit with the clan. The chickadees and woodpeckers were particularily happy we stopped by with more food. Of course when I put my camera away the chickadees started playing! That first photo is the greenhouse we spent the summer making. One of the farms nearby was having a clear out and gave us tons of free windows if we just took them off the lot for them. We managed to cobble them together into a greenhouse like structure. Can't wait till the spring when we can get some use out of it!













This last photo is an accurate portrayal of how the two dogs feel about winter in Alberta. Keko (left) is hating life: needing to warm those frozen feet ever 5 min by the fire. Meanwhile, Ninny (right) looks more and more like a seal each year. Soon her neck is going to eat her head. Luckily, I don't think she can feel the cold through her blubber.

13 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of all your snow! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous.. as always, as ever!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the snow! oh i wish we had snow where i live :( love the photos, i feel like i need a blanket and hot chocolate :)
    -Diana
    YeesdearBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reeeeaaally just want to snuggle Ninny. She looks like she has a lot of love to offer a girl.

    Also, as much as I love the beach & hot weather that Australia has to offer a girl in January, I do miss the Canadian snow terribly.

    As always, darling, lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love how their expressions match your description!
    Have a happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much snow, its like a giant blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully edited!

    ~Taylor
    http://liveandmove.co

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah these pictures are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so absurdly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness. your photographs are so gorgeous! (when are they not?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, beautiful! love the one with the wooden cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots Shy! the ones with the snow trapped in the pines are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...