1.26.2014

Resolution V.1 - Tools of the Trade




Every now and then I am going to check in on my resolutions and see how things are going. Just a bit of a way to keep me accountable for the resolutions.

I am on my way to learning nalbinding! Well.... I haven't actually started learning the technique yet but all you need is a wooden needle and some yarn to get started. I didn't want to pour a bunch of money into this resolution because I wasn't a big fan of knitting. I, none the less, wanted to try another textile making method. Purchasing a nalbinding needle didn't look too daunting (a quick search came up with ones around $10 + shipping) but I decided to make my own and by make my own I mean get David to make me one. So he whittled me a couple and I dipped them in some stain and let them hang dry. For my yarn I just went to the thrift store and got a pack of 3 for $2. Now to get to actually make something! How are you guys coming along with your resolutions?

Check out my other resolutions!





5 comments:

  1. oh so good to hear that you are keeping it up!! I've been doing good on my resolution to pick up leisurely reading again. I love it so much, but have let it give way to distractions like social media in recent years. Feels so good to keep up with resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I cannot wait to see what you'll be knitting with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, now only thing left is waiting for your creations to be posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture of this pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo love the yarn. my new years resolutions are going so far so good- my main one was to take out my sewing machine again and start using it.. well I took it out and have looked at it.. and have been thinking about it.. ok resolutions have been going terrible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...