2.25.2014

Drumheller, Alberta


Oh Alberta. Just fields and cows as far as the eye can see. In the middle of seemingly nowhere the fields drop off and you enter a valley that looks like it doesn't belong. Millions of year of erosion creates amazing rock formations and leaves the hills exposing layers of history including the K-T boundary. You drop into the town of Drumheller which contains one of the best museums in the world (The Royal Tyrrell Museum). David is always on the hunt to find a dinosaur that will be named after him so anytime we are in the vicinity of Drumheller we need to stop for a little rummage around.






9 comments :

  1. This is absolutely FAN TA STIC, Shy! I love these photos and what an incredible place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cows! What a magnificent view Shy :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I went to Drumheller years ago and absolutely loved all the scenery, so unique & different from Vancouver (where I live), you did a gorgeous job with these photos too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how these photos capture how expansive the area feels. I've never been to this part of Canada, and your blog always makes me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this blows me away! such an amazing place

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are utterly brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all of the above. Great shots! Love the perspective in that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much sky in the first 2 pictures <3

    p.s. Hopped over your interview on Petalandplume!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!