2.27.2014

Speedy Stitcher


 Awhile ago I had lofty intentions to make some canvas bags for Christmas presents. I cut up my lovely canvas and went to sew it…. Well my poor machine couldn't do it! I didn't realize that the weight of my canvas was just too much for my machine to handle and since I had already cut it I couldn't bring back my canvas. Some complaining ensued and while David was looking around Lee Valley he spotted this  speedy stitcher to be used on canvas, tarp, leather, and other tough fabrics. He was a dear and brought it home for me. This kit comes with a curved and straight needle as well as a spool of waxed thread. Stitching bags by hand does not sound like a lot of fun so I am going to have to think of some other smaller projects to try this out on! Any Ideas?


1 comment :

  1. I'm afraid I'm not a great seamstress... but this object looks precious! The box has a lovely vintage feeling to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!