3.13.2014

Resolutions V.3 - Making it happen!



Every now and then I am going to check in on my resolutions and see how things are going. Just a bit of a way to keep me accountable for the resolutions.




Nalbinding


I can honestly say that I have fallen head over heels for nalbinding! I absolutely love it. I have been using yarn that I got at the second hand store and while it was not really made for nalbinding, it proved to be a great for practicing. My first "project" turned into a strange cat sized toque so I moved on from that and to make this mediocre circle scarf. Nalbinding requires raw wool because you only use a metre section at a time. To seamlessly add more "thread" you have to water down your ends and rub them together. I could not do this with my practice yarn as it was the wrong kind so my circle scarf ended up having a ton of little knots in it but I perfected my technique with this and only spent $2 on it. After I felt comfortable I splurged and got some gorgeous, soft raw wool to try out and made a turban style headband (more on that in another post). Since I've been nalbinding up a storm I have expanded on this resolution to include re-learning how to knit! I discoverd a website called Sheep and Stitch and if anyone is trying to learn to knit this is the place! I love the design and free patterns! I have a bit of an issue of making my knits too tight which I am working on at the moment. Davina who is the brains behind Sheep and Stitch is so helpful! As per her suggestion I need to get a pair of large wooden needles, heavier wool, and keep practising! So to force myself to practice I am doing 4 rows of knitting a night and after I am done I can continue on my nalbinding projects. A reward based system! I'm calling it my warm up. I want to learn crochet too after I am done! Jack of all trades, master of none perhaps.






Pottery Class


I have officially signed up for my pottery class. Apparently it is one of the best in the province so I am pretty excited to get started. It also just happens to start on my birthday eve which is a Wednesday. Naturally, I took Thursday and Friday off of work to continue with my celebrations. I've started a pinterest board with things I would like to make. I've included a few above.

here here, ?



Movie Making


This resolution hasn't really kicked into gear yet. We are still covered in snow and will be till the end of April. Judging my the winter the northern hemisphere has had this year no one wants to see a movie starring more snow! 

and...


Real Decisions


We have somewhat made some real decisions as far as moving across the country. Our plan is when David finds a teaching job in Newfoundland we will go! Be that this year... or next... or in five. That's a plan right..? Ok, this resolution is inching along. It is hard to save up the amount needed to move 6000km AND pay for our wedding in 2015. Although I am freakishly thrifty (aka cheap) so I hope all I have to pay for is catering, church, favours, and photography. I plan on making my own invites, decorations, dress, cakes, bouquets/bountineers, and bridesmaid presents; and thrifting cake stands, vases, and other bits and bobs I might need.

2 comments:

  1. Oh la la! Little bit of a design update! I love it.

    I really love the idea of revisiting resolutions. It's a great way to keep your mind on track & if you've managed to veer away from your goals, it's a great way to get yourself sorted and back in the right direction.

    I may very well have to revisit my own now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been working yesterday but one little change to the layout and it was a slippery slope! haha

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...