7.31.2014

In The Garden V.7 - Mid Way Update


The garden has gotten pretty out of hand lately (weeds included of course)! I must say that July has been perfect gardening weather here in Edmonton. Sunny and super hot all week followed by a day of rain to refresh everything. I can't say I love the heat nor does my power bill with all this AC! It wont last long before it's back to the snow so I really try not to complain about being a sweaty mess!

I have been really trying to come up with new ways to cook all the zucchini we have been accumulating. So far we have been living off loaves of zucchini bread, potato/ zucchini hashbrowns, and zucchini au gratin. You can't go wrong when you smother anything in cheese.

Now is the time for me to plant my kale so it will be ready for a late September or early October frost. This is my first time planting it but apparently the frost gives it a better taste. I also have to hill up some dirt on my potatoes this weekend for maximum production.

Cue photo dump.


a baby pumpkin

yellow zucchini

spaghetti squash

corn and squash jungle

sunflowers



yellow corn and onions


carrots

cucumber

escaping pumpkins

4 comments:

  1. The garden looks glorious! Yay!
    Glad to hear you've been having some good weather as well. Finland has been really hot lately too; you put it very nicely when you said: "It wont last long before it's back to the snow so I really try not to complain about being a sweaty mess!" Same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i enjoy looking at your garden photos!
    I never experienced the goodness of growing own food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these shades of green... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog ! Great photos !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...