10.14.2014

Moraine Lake, Alberta

I am carrying on with my unintended Alberta Lakes theme that I seem to be doing these last few months. Moraine Lake has the most stunning water. It almost doesn't seem real. When we hit Moraine it was nearing the end of adventures for that day. We had been canoeing on Lake Louise so the short stroll around the lake was a welcoming end to our day before we went to Banff for supper. David managed to get another Grey Jay to land on him. Birds never want to land on my hand! He didn't even have any crumbs to bribe it with. Just literally held out his hand. Annoying. 

I have a feeling October is going to breeze by. Between pottery classes, marriage prep classes, and working overtime to finish some intense projects I am spent by the end of the week! Perhaps this will make winter fly by, which is always good in my book as an Alberta winter tends to drag on forever...and ever.

Don't mind my hair. It always manages to work itself into a mess.













17 comments:

  1. oh my, what are you talking about - your hair is beautiful! and so are these photos (again) I don't think I'll ever fully believe that they are real and there are actually places like this somewhere in the world. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my heaven looked like this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! so pretty! love your braid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is everything I could dream of in these!
    How does David do that with birds?! Magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how he does it! He is a huge bird lover so maybe they have some kind of a bird code I am missing out on!

      Delete
  5. These pictures are beautiful! I especially love the turquoise water and the colourful boats. It seems to be a photographer's paradise there... Oh, and you had a bird whisperer with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little jealous of his bird whispering ways! The bird was even side-eyeing me from his hand!

      Delete
  6. your hair is beautiful! I don't know what mess you're talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha there is a major collapse going on on one side!

      Delete
  7. I cannot say it enough, you have such an eye for taking photos of nature. It's clearly something you excel at. Love the way you edit too - are you using vosco filters? If so what packs are your favourite.

    Also - I took a photography class this past winter and my teacher mentioned how there are a lot of grants for photography projects, have you ever thought about applying for one and doing an exhibit? You really should.

    I enjoy your lakes of Alberta series :)

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have never really looked into a photography grant or anything, How cool would that be?!

      Delete
  8. Wow, these are some crazy gorgeous shots!

    Looks absolutely stunning - I think I could be falling in love with this place. And that squirrel is so damn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg ...... these photos are absolutely amazing. The water looks so blue.
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!!! this is incredible, I can never get over how huge everything looks!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...