11.27.2014

Pottery Lately



My pottery class came and went in a flash this season!! It's a little sad because I probably won't be able to do it again until next autumn so it will be a long wait now before I get to throw some more pots. I've only gotten a couple of items back so far but I tried to focus more on my glazing and painting this time around. Taking more time to make patterns and use a variety of glazes. Oddly enough my first few creations came out having a very similar colour scheme so they have made a bit of a liar out of me!

One thing I love about pottery is that very rarely does anything turn out perfect so right at the beginning you need to let go of any expectation for creating perfection and embrace mishaps. It's kind of freeing to let go of the pressure and just focus on creating.






6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are all SO stunning!! And I love the little imperfections in pottery... makes them even more beautiful, I think! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I wish I had such art in my house. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also want to take pottery class! i think your pieces are perfect because they are handmade and one of kind! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to take a pottery class! I think you've just inspired me to get a move on and sign up. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tentacles protecting your jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your pottery came out! I took pottery classes for years as a child/teenager, and it's something I miss so much. There's a certain draw to scoring the clay, throwing on the wheel, and waiting for the kiln to finish. I love the shapes and designs you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...