12.16.2014

Lake Louise, Alberta


Oh Lake Lousie...Dare I say one of the most photographed lakes in the world. I am too lazy to google but based on how busy it was here the day we chose to visit I am going to say that's a safe bet. It was the most perfect conditions for a canoe ride. The water was so still. Not a single breeze hit us which made me feel less guilty about sitting back and relaxing in the front while David paddled us around. Ok, I helped a bit. Because it was so calm, I decided to brave bringing my camera in the canoe. Usually I am too chicken but it was so worth it to get in some pictures away from the hoards of people that lined the walking paths. I can't stand crowds and even though I knew this is a popular spot I didn't think it would be as crazy as it was that day! The only other time I had been there was years ago in the middle of July and it was absolutely dead that time. I don't know what was going on this August day! Either way we paddled to the end where it is nice and shallow and I scooped up some soft mud and rubbed it on my hands and face. Free spa day, right? I can't say it really did anything for my complexion... just seemed like the right thing to do at the time!








8 comments:

  1. wow! really beautiful! amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be nervous to bout bringing my camera in a canoe but sometimes you just gotta trust yourself that nothing is going happen. And good you did. This place looks beautiful especially without the crowd of people you mentioned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So beautiful! Hope the wedding planning is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, its gorgeous! The blue of the water is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, and WOW. This place is gorgeous! It seems like nature is so much more vibrant in Canada... it makes me want to come back there ASAP. The colors are so crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...