2.05.2015

Artful Blogging Feature


Holy Monkies! I was featured in Artful Blogging Magazine! I may need to take a moment to soak that in.... A. Real. Magazine. 

Artful Blogging Magazine emailed me in October about being in their spring issue and at first I had a moment of, "This is one of those scam emails, right?". You know the ones where a poor money-managing Prince in Africa wants to give you a ba-zillion dollars? Well after a bit of suspicion I realized this is the actual Artful Blogging magazine sending me an email and they do actually want to publish your photos. No side-eye required. So I hit reply...

Admittedly, I am not a big reader (unless you count blogs and audiobooks). I had seen Artful Blogging here and there but hadn't had a copy for myself so while I was sure I could provide photos I was less than sure about what kind of an article I would write.

Me? Writing an article?

My entire schooling career included writing that always ended with, "...and then she woke up and it was all a dream." Writing is not my strong suit as I'm sure you've all gathered from reading this blog! I managed to draw on my experience as a blogger and create a little anecdote which I hope people will enjoy reading.

When I received a copy I was blown away with how much content there is! The photos and articles are really beautiful. To see my name listed with Joy the Baker, Maddie Flanigan, and Kat Goldin (among so many others). I mean, it's pretty wild! I'm still kinda speechless.

 If anyone does want to check it out you can get it here.



15 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is SO wonderful, lovey!! And you absolutely deserve it, I love, love your space! Here's to many more wonderful features I am sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is amazing. If I come across a copy I'll definitely pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly made my year! even if it's only Feb!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Very well deserved! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the feature! I definitely want to grab a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh my goodness congratulations Shy!! Definitely well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pride, girl. I've got so much of it for you.

    P.S. Apologies for my absence, but I'm coming back, and I can't wait for us to virtually reconnect.
    You are so special <3

    And again, this is so great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Bex. Can't wait for you to come back! just checked you blog the other day to make sure my feedly wasn't malfunctioning! haha

      Delete
  7. Wow- congratulations!!! That is amazing, what a true honor. Btw- you are a beautiful writer!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually at a loss for words but thank you so much! Means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  8. congratulations!!!

    (sorry for the comment spam; i am still trying to keep up with the blog posts)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...