5.19.2015

Wedding Thoughts On: Bridesmaid's Gifts

I have three bridesmaids. Since they have to travel so far I thought I would make a bit of a "Home away from home" theme for the bridesmaid gifts. I wanted to marry useful comforts for travelling with some great items made in Alberta (for the most part). So here's my gift list:




1. Rocky Mountain Soap Company: Made in Canmore (my favourite place in Alberta), these soaps/lotions/lip butters are the best. I use bottles and bottles of their lemon hand soap. Their travel sized kit was perfect for the gift bags. Lip butter is a must for those windy days in Newfoundland! Also a little side note their natural deodorant works miracles. It's the only one that I find actually works. 

2. Wild Prairie Soap: Another soap company I use is the Wild Prairie Soap Co. I mainly use their bar soaps and they are so creamy and beautiful. Bar soap might not be the most practical for travelling but it's so lovely it practically begged me to include it!





3. David's Teas: There's nothing better than a hot cup of your favourite tea while you're travelling. Sometimes it can be difficult to find anything other than a boring Earl Grey so these individually packaged loose tea's seemed like a great addition to their bags. 

4.Tea Ball (also from David's Tea): Obviously, a tea ball is required!

5. Travel Notes: A small notepad and mini pen can be a lifesaver on a trip. It's just damn handy! This one is from Indigo.


6. Hair Elastics: As stated previously, Newfoundland is a windy place! You definitely have to have some of these on hand to keep your sanity. I got a pack of 50 from this Etsy shop.

7. Rock Necklace: I bought these stone necklaces last time we were in Banff at one of the local geology type stores.

8. Leather Fold Over Clutch: Something to put it all in! Also useful for that time you decide to go out somewhere fancy on vacation but you remember all you have packed is a giant purse! These are also from Indigo.

9. Bottle of their favourite wine: Not pictured since I will buy it once we land in Newfoundland. My bridesmaids love wine (who doesn't?!) so I thought a nice bottle of wine to share with their significant other's sometime on the trip. 

I did put a lot of thought into what to include in these. I am so grateful these ladies would travel so far from home just for me. I'm still amazed. Just to note that each bridesmaid has a different colour-theme going on. This is the black theme but there is also red and grey themed bags as well!


2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to be stealing some of these ideas ;) I'm seriously so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how many things there are to think about when planning a wedding. The gifts for your bridesmaids are very thoughtful, I'm sure they'll love them. Those body care products must be great; the packages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...